We use cookies to improve your experience. To find out more or disable the cookies on your browser click here.

AVAILABLE ON

Boards Forum Down, will we live on here?

Home Forums Windsurf Forums General Windsurf Chat Boards Forum Down, will we live on here?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 136 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  Distinctly Average 3 hours, 10 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 137 total)
  • Author

Navegante
    Replies: 75
    Topics: 3

What do you say guys, make a new home here?

Jeroensurf
    Replies: 14
    Topics: 0

It is an alternative.
    Feels a bit new and fresh but I can get used to it.

Radialhead
    Replies: 47
    Topics: 0

It’s the most obvious new home, but it would be nice to get a commitment from Windsurf Mag that it will be maintained, and not just deleted without notice like the RYA did with their forum. It appears Factory Media have done the same with the Boards forum as they’re not bothering to reply when asked if it was intentional or just a technical problem.

Smidge
    Replies: 16
    Topics: 2

Lets try to make it work. Please post on any other windsurf links you might have eg Facebook

BillG
    Replies: 42
    Topics: 35

OK, lets give it a go.

Friday looks like it might be OK for Hayling or Bracks.

Smidge
    Replies: 16
    Topics: 2

Im thinking of foiling at Queen Mary on Friday – only my 3rd time on it. Or might go to Hayling for b&j if forecast strengthens slightly

freerider
    Replies: 49
    Topics: 9

I’m in!

K-215
    Replies: 35

It was mentioned that mpora wanted to “sell” the boards forum. As an IT illiterate :
    1. Any idea on how it might be valued ?
    2. Any estimate on the cost of maintaining it ?
    Thanks !

TwoFish
    Replies: 42
    Topics: 7
    K-215 wrote:

Any estimate on the cost of maintaining it ?

One particular high maintenance aspect of the forum comes to mind 🙂

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  TwoFish.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  TwoFish.

freerider
    Replies: 49
    Topics: 9

I would not expect to have to pay anything for it!! In terms of cost of maintenance there would be presumably be a hosting charge and that could include some aspects of tech support. Other than that an owner would have admin rights but ( unless already skilled in web design) need to pay for more comprehensive design issues. On the flip side there should be the opportunity to get advertising revenues and/or you could charge a registration fee or simply ask for donations until some time as footfall was sufficient to attract advertisers. Promotion could be largely free using social media. As things stand I suspect the forum makes no difference to the cost of hosting the main Boards site so their costs are largely tech support ( which they have obviously decided not to commit to).

Navegante

@radialhead

Life is ephemeral, enjoy it while it’s there, enjoy it while it lasts.

Broken Fin
    Replies: 20
    Topics: 15

No good reason not to give it a try but a shame on all the good knowledge and info gone with boards forum. Kind of strange if they just delete everything.

Navegante

Good to see you here @Broken Fin

with a bit patience we may see more people here

Travis Bickle
    Replies: 36
    Topics: 4

Hello boards people

me too I am now here, oh I miss my thread I had some great new pics to add and nore silly stories to share
    will I be able to make a new life here – doesn’t feel so user friendly but seems to be functioning well – have been teaching my daughter to WS – what a blast, now I can watch her falling in and getting cold – again and again and again – so much fun 🙂

Keema Naan
    Replies: 3
    Topics: 1

Just landed, from planet Boards. Where am I? Are the locals friendly? Do I need to build a stockade?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.