fbpx Windsurf MagazineDefi Wind | Windsurf Magazine

We use cookies to improve your experience. To find out more or disable the cookies on your browser click here.

AVAILABLE ON

Defi Wind

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  marcv 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

marcv
    Replies: 0
    Topics: 1

Hi All,

So, I live just outside Gruissan and have been thinking about taking part in the Defi Wind for a couple of years now but i am not sure if i (or my kit) is up to it.

i started windsurfing a little over 30 years ago, there was a little break of about 6 years when the children cam along, but since moving from the UK I really got back into it and made the most of the conditions we have down here.

The issues that i am concerned about (and would like some advice on) are firstly my kit. now that i am on a greatly reduced “southern European salary” i cant justify spending vast amounts of cash on the latest kit. currently i have a Starboard Fish 90 and an F2 Ride 279 which i use most of the time. my sails are all Tushingham, so basically my kit is getting on a bit, that being said i am not noticeably slower than most of the people out on the water.

The second issue is fitness and training for an event like this. I have no problem blasting for 5 or 6KM then turning around and blasting back again, but two 40km races each day is a different proposition…….

Any advice, suggestions, tips or comments would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks for your help!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.