fbpx Windsurf MagazineFront / Spin / Speed Loop Quest - LET'S GO FOR IT!!!! | Windsurf Magazine

We use cookies to improve your experience. To find out more or disable the cookies on your browser click here.

AVAILABLE ON

Front / Spin / Speed Loop Quest – LET'S GO FOR IT!!!!

Home Forums Windsurf Forums Technique Front / Spin / Speed Loop Quest – LET'S GO FOR IT!!!!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Manuel 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Manuel
    Replies: 25
    Topics: 7

Today at 960 attempts(!), I can waterstart from some but loose the board still from the lack of height, speed, and overall technique. Anyway, so excited it’s coming to an end, but on the other end I suffered through too many attempts I feel like 😀 !!!

Most of you are familiar with my quest, latest news here: http://windsurfing.lepicture.com/#section-loop-quest

1. This is achievable as a first stage (kind of 😀 !)

2. Ideally, what I would like to do, such a beautiful spin loop.

3. Quite flat water spin loop, very well executed, amazing pop and sail control.

My latest struggle is to remove the “lean back to pop” habit and establish the “standing pop with a forward sail” that can be seen in the vids above. I’m hoping that 1000 attempts will end my quest, how did you end yours or will you care to join ours???

• This topic was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  Manuel.
    • This topic was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  Manuel.

Manuel

My wife came to capture some footage of me the other day. I gave it all I got, I was a bit underpowered and this is one of the attempt. Pretty happy with the technique and timing!

But yesterday was much windier, 16-29 knots, gusty, mean, with probably one of the worst water state I’ve seen. Then came along inbetween the chaos a nice side-side-on chop 1m quite vertical, I popped nicely aggressively, tucked in and landed with a soft body touch and I was up, no need to waterstart. I am so happy. I tried on the other side, there’s some work still 😀 !

Updated my blog… more to come!

Manuel

Manuel
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.