fbpx Windsurf MagazineFRPGear hydrofoil fin | Windsurf Magazine

We use cookies to improve your experience. To find out more or disable the cookies on your browser click here.

AVAILABLE ON

FRPGear hydrofoil fin

Home Forums Windsurf Forums General Windsurf Chat FRPGear hydrofoil fin

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  antonm 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

FRPGear
    Replies: 0
    Topics: 1

FRPGear hydrofoil fins are making big waves here in the US. It seems to be a new big thing in windsurfing, probably compatible magnitude with the invention of the currently common hydrofoils. I have personalty watched it in action. It is very impressive particularly at lighter wind and on shallow water. It looks like there is a power propulsion unit hidden under the board because of the performance difference compare to other sailors. Perhaps, it may be interesting to discuss the hydrodynamics and get some inputs from the users. The technology is in its beginning stage and it will probably advance to higher performance in windsurfing and it will probably transition on other surfboards. I personally appreciate this invention because it is bringing the traditional windsurfing back into business. Traditional windsurfing looked like it was going to die because of kite boarding and foiling. New business initiatives with super light wind boards did not save windsurfing from decline. Windsurfing was inevitably loosing its positions to kites and foils. GRPGear invention of the mini foil seems to be a life saver for the sport of windsurfing. Mini foil is compact, low cost and surprisingly effective. It delivers speed and sensation like a hydrofoil with well missed pleasure to be on water. It can be used on existing boards without modification of the fin boxs. It makes a 60 liter board to float like a 160L making it so easy to travel with smaller boards, and just take a few different foils for different wind conditions. Mini foil fin delivers a new discovery of ground effect that was unknown before in windsurfing. Now you can keep going on shallow water and even on wet sand without getting stuck. Shallow water makes you go much faster due to the ground effect increase of efficiency. Fin foil is better upwind. It is softer on waves. You looks more speedy because the board remains more horizontal. It gives huge advantage for heavy sailors so they can now use smaller boards with larger fin foils and larger sails. And, fin-foil actually looks cool while the traditional fin looks too traditional and “alt modish”. In Laguna Beach, CA, USA many surfers come for just walking on the beach with short boards and never go surfing. They bring short boards just for look and social communications. Having a fin foil on a short board will definitely turn more heads in Laguna Beach.frpgear minifoil drama in the USA

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  FRPGear.

antonm
    Replies: 2
    Topics: 0

I bought from FRPGEAR FOIL a two-legged Foyle with two wings of 900 mm and 1250 mm. 28.04.19 I came to ride in the Foyle in Strogino, Moscow, Russia. Witnesses saw how I go out to ride – Sergey Petrovich(the owner of the base), Vladimir, Mironov and a couple of surfers. The wind was just weak 5-6 knots with gusts up to 8-9 knots. I took sail 9.6 North warp wing 1250mm began to ride and take off. The height of the leg 60 cm a little take off and fall as the wing suffices air. Good flight stability I didn’t notice a difference from one legged Foyle I saw. The wind blows very strongly, which is very bad. But then came a gust of wind 9-10 knots and during takeoff the wing was torn off. The photo shows how poorly made mortgages. Mortgages for the big wing should be strengthened well, but not to a depth of 10 mm, so snatched mortgages and wing drowned. When the wing sank I started to come back and this two leg design gives great resistance. Board were traveling when they came a gust barely rode, and on the fin would be the speed of normal. When I returned to the shore without wings all seen witnesses – Sergei Petrovich(host base), Vladimir Mironov and a couple of surfers. Everyone said it was a marriage and a badly done leg. The wing 1250, the money was returned immediately. To get the rest of the money back, you had to mail the entire lobby. I sent Foyle in the mail. Parcel Stepan LIAR received(photo departure). Since I myself was stupid and paid Foyle(Believed the deceiver Stepan) in September 2018 and he sent it in March 2019, the protection of PayPal does not apply since 180 days have passed. Stepan Lunin uses this and will not return my money. I MAILED FOYLE AND COMPLETED THE DEAL. IT PUBLICLY ON A KITE FORUM PROMISED TO RETURN THE MONEY AND NOT FULFILLED. I DO NOT ADVISE YOU TO CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER, WHO WRITES THAT HE DID WRONG AND FOYLE IS NOT GOING TO RETURN THE MONEY. SEVERAL CUSTOMERS HAVE ALREADY TURNED AWAY FROM HIM. I DO NOT ADVISE YOU WITH INPUT ISOLATING A DECEIVER STEPAN. LOSE MONEY AND TIME. FORTUNATELY NOW A LOT OF PRODUCERS.
    HE BLACKMAILED ME THAT THE MONEY WILL NOT RETURN, WHAT I WROTE TO HIM LEFT FEEDBACK ON THE FORUMS THAT HIS STARBOARD WING BETTER. WHEN HE’S NOT RIDING ON THE STARBOARD WING AND HOW WELL YOU CAN TALK. WHEN I WROTE DUE TO HIS BLACKMAIL ON THE FRENCH FORUM WHERE HE HAS NO REGISTRATION. THE FRENCH IMMEDIATELY REALIZED THAT THIS IS BAD PUBLICITY AND WANTED TO BAN ME. I ALSO WRITE ABOUT CHEATING.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

antonm
    Replies: 2
    Topics: 0

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.