We use cookies to improve your experience. To find out more or disable the cookies on your browser click here.

AVAILABLE ON

JP Thruster quad Pro 95 or Fanatic Stubby 95

Home Forums Windsurf Forums General Windsurf Chat JP Thruster quad Pro 95 or Fanatic Stubby 95

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  twscooter 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Fintastic
    Replies: 6
    Topics: 2

After talking with the local windsurfers I realize that I should not go for a raceboard. To much of seagrass and waves is not good for race boards. Therefore will I buy a waveboard instead and I have looked at Fanatic Stubby TE 95l and JP Thruster quad Pro 95l, i like the look of the JP but many says that the Stubby is great. So What shall I choose for these conditions? The movie in the link below is from southern Sweden where I will surf. I will surf in wind speed higher than 9m/s->

I have been windsurfing for 12years but it was a couple of years ago.. Full speed jibes and water starts is no problem for me. As well as using harness..
    My weigth is 85-90kg and I am 179cm tall

https://youtu.be/iZO9EzwI6go

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Fintastic.

Manuel
    Replies: 25
    Topics: 7

The quad is more control and the stubby more productive. The quad will prefer nice wave for wave riding. The stubby can make the most out of crappy conditions. They are both wave boards. Your spot looks like on-side-on maybe side-on? Does it offer other directions? What are other people using? Possibly to wave ride or similar than Pozo? If it’s very windy maybe the quad could work and you could use it as a thruster too.

Fintastic

How is the Fanatic FreeWave Stb Te compared to the Stubby?

Fintastic

The Other surfers are riding wave or FreeWave boards. The Thruster quad Pro looks a little old compared to the new Stubby looking boards. And it is 10cm longer… I think I will bua a thruster quad Pro if i find a cheap used else will I buy the Stubby or a FreeWave stb 95 Te. Most time the conditions are crap… Even if i can choose surfsport depending on the wind direction

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Fintastic

This is how it is most time…

Fintastic

Compared to the commercial….. There are no similarity…

Manuel
    Replies: 25
    Topics: 7

The FW STB is a Freewave board, it’s longer. It’s only for backfoot turns and non-steep waves.
    The Stubby is a wave board, it’s short. Quite different. Not as friendly to plane but better on a wave.

The Thruster/Quad is quite wave-oriented but also fairly friendly.
    You plan on using it in windy conditions right? Nothing marginal? Slog & Ride?

At your weight if you are ok with light footing over the fins, the FW STB 95L is a nice board. Playful but friendly.
    It planes nicely, has great control, whippy jibes. And probably good resale value.

In very choppy, very messy waters, a convential shape may work better.
    From your video, it looks like a nice side-on spot for jumps and downwind 360s.
    Typical FW STB terrain.

Do you have the possibility to try them?

A quick note that the FW STB 95L will have better low end than the other 2.
    The Thruster/Quad has a pin tail with less volume which makes it more turny/snappy but slower to go and to cruise through lulls / stay upwind.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Manuel.

twscooter
    Replies: 1
    Topics: 0

Sweden == stubby
    Lista == hardcore wave

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.