fbpx Windsurf MagazineRSX Back in | Windsurf Magazine

We use cookies to improve your experience. To find out more or disable the cookies on your browser click here.

AVAILABLE ON

RSX Back in

Home Forums Windsurf Forums General Windsurf Chat RSX Back in

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  iGRF 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

iGRF
    Replies: 124
    Topics: 23

ISAF updates@ISAFupdatesRegulation 23.1.4 has been approved with the following amendment: ‘Men’s Board -RS:X’ and ‘Women’s Board – RS:X’

I had to ring my bro in law, Elliots dad, with the news, they were really down yesterday and now this, what an emotional roller coaster.

iGRF

Good news for the Techno class, all the team fifteen kids, coaches, parents, all relieved..

Ross24
    Replies: 2
    Topics: 0

That’s great news, but how come?

Is that down to the appeal? Does it mean that Kiteboarding and Wsurfing are both in?

iGRF

Dont think so, sounds like kiting is out, equally crap decision, get them all wound up, then drop them..

iGRF

Picked this up on the yottie forum.
    https://www.facebook.com/benjaminbarger
    ISAF has made unprecedented decisions today. The new president of ISAF is Carlo Croce (ITA). I believe he will be an outstanding president that will move the sport forward in a way never seen before. This vision is one I’ve shared with him for months before, with your views. This is a day that has brought me much emotion.

With new strong leadership I hope we will ensure that all athletes have a stable platform to invest their dreams. The Windsurfing and Kiting decision was one of high difficulty. I hated being here everyday this week, but I had to fight for what I believe was best for the sport. We should not celebrate, we have been placed against an outstanding sport of Kiting and their loss is no ones gain.

The General Assembly voted and with a large majority and selected the RSX …
    windsurfer the 51% was out of all the General Assembly members even the many that abstained. This shows how strong windsurfing is worldwide, and I am so proud that the Techno and youth still have an event to dream and train for with passion I can admire.

To remove an event at such a short time is extraordinarily disappointing. My heart goes out to every kiter in the world for their exceptional display and kindness they brought to ISAF. I hope to work with you closely so that in the 2014 Olympic events decision you can be added into the Olympic program for 2020.

iGRF

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/20284543
    Well it must be true now if the BBC says so.

wully
    Replies: 75
    Topics: 12

Does this mean longboards are trendy again?

iGRF

Ha, I wish, but it appears this aint over yet, internet chatter seems to indicate that the IOC aren’t happy about this decision, the story goes jazz up your event, or the entire sailing bit gets canned, so they pitched kitesurfing in to placate them.
    Now the ISAF blazers have reversed their decision eyes are now rolling at the IOC, so maybe we’ll see a medal for both sports, or worse we’ll have more shenanigans or the whole sailing format ditched.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.