We use cookies to improve your experience. To find out more or disable the cookies on your browser click here.

AVAILABLE ON

Week beginning 10th June

Home Forums Windsurf Forums Looking Ahead Week beginning 10th June

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ollee_e 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

BillG
    Replies: 43
    Topics: 35

It looks as if we might get to sail (UK south coast) next week! Monday and or Tuesday (depending whether you believe the Met Office or Wndguru) at St Mary’s bay/Dymchurch. Then possibly some south westerlys’ for later in the week and the week end.

Mind you I’ll believe it when it happens.

BillG

Heading for St Marys bay today, as the tide goes down (in desperation). As they are forecasting a long hot summer we need to make the most of any wind this week as that could be it!

Smidge
    Replies: 16
    Topics: 2

How did you get on? If its same on Tuesday do you think any chance of 90kgs of me getting going?

BillG

It was quite good fun in the sun, sailing my big kit (6.5 & 100L) for the first time since last summer. Your would have probably needed a 7.5-8m Smidge. I sailed for 2.5 hours from 12 and the wind increased so I was a bit overpowered until some kite surfers arrived & killed the wind! It looks like the wind will be less tomorrow and dropping through the day. That’s just as well as I’m knackered after such a long break from sailing.

Hopefully I’ll have recovered in time for Thursday which looks more promising.

Smidge
    Replies: 16
    Topics: 2

Anyone got plans for Thursday morning on south coast? Its high tide, so Im thinking of Avon (little bit off shore though, and I have been skunked there before by wind being a bit more west than forecast). Hill Head (very on shore), or Calshot. Any other ideas?

BillG

I’m heading for Hayling as early as I can. Looks like the wind will drop from lunchtime.

DavidA
    Replies: 15
    Topics: 1

heading to our local beach Bigbury first thing and see how it goes from there

DaveMac
    Replies: 15
    Topics: 5

Another Boards refugee has crossed the border, greetings all!
    Yep, probably going for Worthing kite dodging tomorrow
    Formerly Dave_Hove ……..

ollee_e
    Replies: 1
    Topics: 0

Hi all. Another boards refugee here. Reckon there will be some wind on the south coast on Sunday afternoon?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.