It looks as if we might get to sail (UK south coast) next week! Monday and or Tuesday (depending whether you believe the Met Office or Wndguru) at St Mary’s bay/Dymchurch. Then possibly some south westerlys’ for later in the week and the week end.
It was quite good fun in the sun, sailing my big kit (6.5 & 100L) for the first time since last summer. Your would have probably needed a 7.5-8m Smidge. I sailed for 2.5 hours from 12 and the wind increased so I was a bit overpowered until some kite surfers arrived & killed the wind! It looks like the wind will be less tomorrow and dropping through the day. That’s just as well as I’m knackered after such a long break from sailing.
Hopefully I’ll have recovered in time for Thursday which looks more promising.
Anyone got plans for Thursday morning on south coast? Its high tide, so Im thinking of Avon (little bit off shore though, and I have been skunked there before by wind being a bit more west than forecast). Hill Head (very on shore), or Calshot. Any other ideas?